DPS deadline to book CAPS programs and encumber funds is NOVEMBER 2nd
- Each DPS school should designate a CAPS Representative. This person will work with school administrators, teachers and Arts Integration Team members to coordinate arts enrichment for the school through the CAPS program and/or other community arts organizations.
- Next, determine how your school will fund CAPS programming. Tips are located on the Funding CAPS page. Durham Public Schools representatives can contact the CAPS Office to find out your school’s CAPS budget. Contact Shana Adams, CAPS Director at 919-560-2718 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Grants may also be available through the CAPS Office and updated online.
- Follow the steps for encumbering CAPS funds through Durham Public School district. Click –> durham-public-schools-caps-encumbering-process-guidelines-2016-17.
- ***Schools NO LONGER NEED TO ESTABLISH A PURCHASE ORDER when booking and encumbering DPS CAPS funds through Durham Arts Council.
- Review the CAPS Artist Directory located online or request a printed copy by calling (919) 560-2718 or email: email@example.com
- Select CAPS artists
- Submit a request for CAPS artists online
- Contact the CAPS office if you have any questions (919) 560-2718
*An ideal CAPS Arts Integration Team consists of an administrator, an arts education teacher, a classroom teacher, a PTA/PTO representative, and other interested parties.