CAPS programs are fee-based arts experiences facilitated by professional teaching artists and performing groups. Programs are funded through various sources. We work to accommodate budgets of all sizes. Contact the CAPS office at (919) 560-2718 if you have any questions.
School funding available for CAPS
• Durham Public Schools provides each school with a CAPS budget based on enrollment. Inquire to the CAPS office at (919) 560-2718 or contact your school treasurer.
• Area school districts provide funding for CAPS programs – inquire to your school administrator or district about arts funding, Title 1 funding, 21st century grants and magnet funds available to support arts/curriculum integration.
• PTA’s support CAPS programs
Grant funding available for CAPS
• Durham Arts Council offers matching grant opportunities to schools through the CAPS office. Click Here to see if any grants are currently available or call to inquire (919) 560-2718
• We strive to accommodate any budget
• If your organization is writing a grant or is in the process of locating a grant or sponsor to fund artist programs, contact the CAPS Director at (919) 560-2718.