- School should designate a CAPS Representative. This person will work with school administrators, teachers and Arts Integration Team members to coordinate arts enrichment for the school through the CAPS program and/or other community arts organizations.
- Next, determine how your school will fund CAPS programming. Tips are located on the Funding CAPS page. Talk to your PTA and/or school administration to learn about funding budgeted to bring professional teaching artists into your school. Grants may also be available through the CAPS Office and updated online.
- Review the CAPS Artist Directory located online or request a printed copy by calling (919) 560-2718 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select CAPS artists
- Submit a request for CAPS artists online
- Contact the CAPS office if you have any questions (919) 560-2718
*Durham Public Schools representatives should contact the CAPS Office to find out your school’s CAPS budget. Contact Shana Adams, CAPS Director at 919-560-2718 or by email: email@example.com.
*An ideal CAPS Arts Integration Team consists of an administrator, an arts education teacher, a classroom teacher, a PTA/PTO representative, and other interested parties.